“Punks seek to outrage others with the highly theatrical use of clothing, hairstyles, cosmetics, tattoos, jewellery and body modification. Early punk fashion adapted everyday objects for aesthetic effect: ripped clothing was held together by safety pins or wrapped with tape; ordinary clothing was customised by embellishing it with marker or adorning it with paint; a black bin liner became a dress, shirt or skirt; safety pins and razor blades were used as jewellery.”
Source: Walker, John. (1992) “Punk”. Glossary of Art, Architecture & Design since 1945, 3rd. ed.
The Pilar boots by Cliche come in several colours. The black studded version of these shoes are great to complete a punk styling.
– Black studded Pilar boots by Cliche
– Emo hair by Dura
– Bewitched shadow eye makeup by Beauty Killer
– Metalhead facial piercings by Ripped
– Ringer shirt and bra by Apple May Designs
– Leather choker beads in white by Ela Designs
– Gloves, bracelets, collar and nose-ear piercing from the Born this way outfit by AdN Designs
– Mesh mini-skirt in ruby ny Insanya
– Torn fishnet pantyhose by Cracked Mirror
Close-up picture of the Pilar boots.
Don’t mess with me!
Photos taken by Brigid Meriman.